In early 2013, SaaSplaza became one of the only Microsoft Dynamics-focused Partners to become a Gold Certified Hosting Partner of Microsoft.
The requirements to earn this award are extremely stringent. Microsoft has standard specific requirements of its general Gold Partners, which, of course, apply. Namely, that the Partner has demonstrated the highest, most specialized ability and commitment in a specific business solution area.
But to become a Gold Partner in hosting, there is a whole "host" of additional requirements.
First off, the Partner must employ or contract with four unique Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs) with advanced credentials. The list of credentials is extensive:
Two MCPs must hold one of these certifications:
- MCA: Windows Server: Directory
- MCSE: Private Cloud
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCM: Windows Server 2008: Directory
The other two MCPs must each hold one of the following certifications:
- MCA: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- MCA: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
- MCITP: Database Administrator 2008
- MCITP: Database Developer 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
- MCM: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- MCM: Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- MCM: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- MCSE: Business Intelligence
- MCSE: Data Platform
- MCA: Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- MCM: Microsoft SQL Server 2008
SaaSplaza also had to pass the Private Cloud sales and marketing assessment, and employ or contract with one person in a sales or marketing role who has passed this assessment.
Additionally, SaaSplaza had to meet a minimum revenue commitment based on both geography and competency, had to provide customer references/case studies that demonstrate our success at building and deploying solutions relevant to the Hosting competency, and had to gather and submit customer feedback via Microsoft's CSAT Index survey.
It was a lot of work, but we feel that—for SaaSplaza and its Partner network—it was entirely worth it. And Gold in Hosting is only part of the package! SaaSplaza also obtained Certified-Silver Partner status in Management and Virtualization, and as a Midmarket Solutions Provider. Want to know more? Contact us!